Kevin Kent Const., LLC is a member of the AGC, NFIB, and a leader in all types of Earthmoving projects.
At Kevin Kent Const, LLC, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Kevin Kent Construction, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
Articulating Truck Operator
Job Title: Heavy Equipment Operator
Reports To: On-Site Kevin Kent Const, LLC Foreman
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Prepared By: Bobbie Jo Vastine
Prepared Date: 10/26/2016
Summary: Drive Caterpillar Articulating Off-Road Haul Truck equipped with dump body to transport and dump loose materials such as sand, gravel, and crushed rock materials at mine site.
- $16.50 per hour for beginning wage.
- $30.00 per day "Housing Allowance" for job sites which are 61+ miles away from home address on file.
- Opportunity for pay raises quarterly based on performance, skill, and dependability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include, but are not limited to the following (in no particular order)
- Must be able to or willing to learn to operate haul truck equipment.
- Assist in equipment repairs, clean-up, and re-fueling.
- Perform pre-shift safety inspection on equipment.
- Responsible for good housekeeping of equipment.
- Adhere to MSHA and company safety rules and regulations.
- Perform duties with minimum supervision.
- Job location will vary, as Kevin Kent Const. LLC is a subcontractor on the Mine Sites and will move out of location to the next upon completing the job. This may be as little as 2 weeks or as long as 12 months.
- Job may require out of town and even overnight travel.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Prefer previous experience with heavy mobile equipment, but not required.
- Must provide own transportation to and from job-site.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to read equipment operating manual.
- Must be able to complete a pre-shift inspection report.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Must be able to wear all required MSHA safety equipment.
- Must be able to read and interpret gauges.
- Work in a TEAM environment – Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Must be able to identify materials to ensure correct product is being hauled.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Motivation – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Must have good hand/eye coordination and be able to operate hand/foot controls.
- Possess good vision to perceive depth at close range and distances up to 150 feet.
- Must be able to climb on and off equipment to operate and service multiple times in one shift.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, climb and reach around mobile equipment.
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to sit and operate equipment for long periods up to 10+ hours per day.
- Must work outside in all weather conditions consistent with extreme ambient temperatures: heat, cold, wetness, dryness, dust, and noisy conditions.
- Must be able to work at various heights.
Working Conditions and Hazards:
- Equipment is air conditioned and heat controlled; however there will be times when outside assignments could require periods of work in all weather conditions: heat, cold, wet, or dry.
- Exposure to dust, sand, gravel, diesel exhaust, etc.
- Periods of noise levels are possible by sources including: engine noise, air compressors, air-powered equipment and tools, etc.
Additional Experience and Requirements:
- MSHA certification for work at above ground mine sites: If no proof of certification can be given, employer will provide 4 hours paid training at the home shop located in Lucas, IA (travel not provided/non transportation pay) prior to beginning work and additional 20 hours within 90 days to be held at the current job-site location.
- Attend weekly "Tool-box" safety meetings.
- Attend Mandatory 8 hour Annual MSHA Refresher Training in Lucas, IA each March: paid training and lunch provided (travel not provided/non transportation pay).
- Must have safety steel-toe, or composite material, work boot (other safety requirements provided by employer upon hire and normal wear and tear; however are employees responsibility if misplaced or misused).
- Employee Medical after 60/before 90 days of hire: 80% Employer paid, 20% employee responsibility and automatically deducted weekly.
- Family/Dependant Medical Optional: 100% Employee responsibility and automatically deducted weekly.
- Direct Deposit Payroll-Weekly.
- Paid Vacation beginning after 12 Months.
- Employee Life Insurance
Kevin Kent Construction is an EEO/AA Employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.